Scorpion Seattle Over-Pants from Motowearhouse are a medium to heavy weight textile/waterproof pant. Venting is limited, so you will get your best use out of these pants in mild to cold weather and/or wet weather. The pants have a good fit to them and even though they can be used as overpants, they don’t seem as bulky as many that are designed to be worn over the pants you wear all day long. With a trimmer profile they could work just as pants over underwear or padded riding shorts.
The pants are a solid textile shell with a mesh internal liner. Between the shell and inside liner is a waterproof barrier. The zips on the pants are the waterproof kind too and the long side zips are backed by a fabric flap and there is a gusset behind the main fly zip. Now please know that virtually no functional article of gear like this is completely waterproof, but this pant does have a LOT of features to keep water out. And these pants even have an elastic at the ends of the legs to seal around boots. Keeping water from coming up the hem will help keep water out of boots. Very well thought out!
Full-length zippers on the legs make them easy to get in and out of over clothing without having to find a dressing room on the road. The side zip is “two way, which means they zip open from the bottom for use in the conventional sense, but there is also a top slider that lets you open them from the top down. It makes it nice to reach into the pockets of your jeans underneath.
The knees are equipped with removable CE approved Sas-Tec armor. Also the pants have foam armor inside the hip pockets. If you want the same Sas-Tec armor in the hips, you can buy those here at Motowearhouse.
The pants have two front hand pockets which have waterproof zippers and also two cargos on front that have the waterproof zippers and a fold-over flap. Those two cargos would be your best bet to keep the contents dry on a wet ride.
- Durable 600D polyester main body fabric and extra heavy-duty 1680D nylon knees
- Vertically adjustable Sas-Tec® CE armor at knees. Pockets at hips have PE foam, but accommodate optional Sas-Tec® armor if extra protection is desired
- Full length YKK® urethane coated zippers; zippers are two-way, which also provides ventilation
- Internal zipper gusset for added waterproof protection
- Removable Ever-Heat® liner with full length zippers
- Dual waist adjustment tabs
- Two grip panels in the seat
- Stretch rib gussets above knees
- Two external cargo pockets
- Large Night-Viz® reflectives at bottom cuff and thigh for added nighttime visibility
- Shock cord adjusters at bottom hem to seal out elements
- 8” Jacket to Pant zipper
- Bottom hem can be raised 2”